Whether you’re reading this during pumpkin spice season, or whether you’re mid summer and craving a pumpkin spice latte, you’ve come to the right place! Keep on reading to discover a quick and easy pumpkin spice latte recipe!
“What is a pumpkin spice latte?” you ask? PSLs are a popular type of flavoured coffee drunk in Autumn. This recipe is quick, easy, vegan, cheap and far healthier than those found in typical coffee shops (I’m looking at you Starbucks!).
Here’s how to make this delicious coffee!
You’re going to need:
– 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
– 1/4 tsp of clove, or 4 cloves
– 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
– Vanilla extract or essence
– 2 squirts of toffee syrup or caramel syrup (optional)
– 3 tbsp of pumpkin purée
– 3 cups of your favourite plant-based milk
1) Add the milk, pumpkin purée, caramel or toffee syrup and spices to a pan and stir.
2) Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to let it simmer for 5 minutes to allow the milk to be infused.
3) While the milk and spice mixture is infusing, make coffee for 2 people.
4) Strain the milk and spice mixture and pour it into your favourite Autumnal mug.
5) Add coffee to your mug.
6) Sweeten to taste.
The 1st of October also marks vegan baking day, so why not bake yourself something nice to go with your coffee? Either way, grab a blanket, get comfy and watch the leaves fall while sipping your pumpkin spice latte!
Bye for now,
P.S. Please let me know below if you try this recipe!